Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Well, I made It!

turning 50 really wasn't bad. I didn't think it would be though, as a number hasn't really been that much of a determining factor for me. 50 turned out to be more fun than I imagined. My kids all (the one's in California that is, not that the other two wouldn't have been a part of it if they could have) worked together to throw a night filled with lots of fun and wonderful fellowship. The food was amazing, along with all the birthday gifts. I had told my daughter to please tell everyone "no gifts, just them", but it missed getting on the invitation. Once i was opening them, i was really glad it didn't make the invite! I think one of my favorite things of the evening was how the house was decorated. You see, apart from the "fifty and still nifty" banner, there was a wall that read "fifty things to be thankful for". All over the living room there were 8x11 sheets of paper (50 of them to be exact) with so many things to be thankful for. A house filled with music, each one of my children's names, the grand kids names, Pastor John's teaching, (that one really got to me, I love my Pastor who has been so faithful to teach just the Word), My Bible, Grace, Peace in trials, .... the list goes on and on. Everything is still on the walls and it's now Tuesday. I want to enjoy it all for awhile. I wish the other two kids and their families could have been here. Then it would have been complete. To Christy, Paul and Justin, I love you all very much, thanks for making my 50th so memorable.

No comments:

Murrieta Skies 10/24/07

Murrieta Skies 10/24/07
We still had blue skies

The skies one day later

The skies one day later
What a differance a day makes!