Saturday, October 20, 2007

Did You Say Wedding Cake?

You know the saying, "If you fall off the bike, get back on and try again". So...
With much reservations, doubt, worry, concern etc., I am giving it the ole college try once again. You see, the last one looked more like the aftermath of a California EARTHQUAKE! OK, OK, so i shouldn't be so hard on myself. I was sick, really sick, we had all the guys getting ready here, my 75 yr old Mother was here, and most of the Bridal party were here setting up. Questions were flying, answers needed to be given and i really thought i was some kind of super woman, NOT. My oldest son told me i remind him of his wife. I guess we have that in common. Why do i think i can do it all. Thank God for my kids. After the cake was declared dead, i just stood there and cried. Mind you, i'm not the crying type, i don't USUALLY cry over things. I usually hold up pretty good under pressure. So, i'm sure my kids at least, knew this was serious. They all gathered round to console me, even the son who was getting married in 2 hrs. "Don't worry mom, I'll just go to Costco". I love my kids so much. Even my new daughter in law, who's day was suppose to be "just perfect" made me see it was OK.
So with all that behind me, today i am making a wedding cake! Whipped cream frosting no less. I did tell the bride to be that it was pretty risky for an out door wedding, that it could melt before the first bite is ever taken. Brides are always right, so whip cream it is. All i have to do is deliver it unharmed. What happens after that is up to the cake gods!
The coffee pot is full, and i think i can do this. I will keep you all posted on how things go.

1 comment:

carrie said...

ha ha! i should have read this one before i left the last comment! mike would say that...i take on way more than i should! i just don't like to say i can't do something...somehow i think i can do everything! i don't know where that comes from!

Murrieta Skies 10/24/07

Murrieta Skies 10/24/07
We still had blue skies

The skies one day later

The skies one day later
What a differance a day makes!