Monday, October 29, 2007

Two Weddings and A Funeral

Well this month has been pretty busy to say the least. We planned and executed our youngest sons wedding, complete with all the twinkle lights, backyard speakers and one awesome wedding cake. The next wedding was also nice, but not as nice as our sons of course. It was complete with an also amazing wedding cake due to the fact that it actually came together unlike the last one. And today was a funeral. No one really enjoys going to funerals. I think i must go to more funerals than anyone i know, except Pastor John. You see, that is one of my job descriptions. I guess i should have read the fine print when i agreed to take this job, just kidding. As morbid as it may sound, i actually enjoy doing funerals. Don't get me wrong, I'm not into seeing dead people or anything like that. I just love being there to help the families and their guests with whatever they might need. Setting up the flowers as they arrive, helping young mom's find the Mother's room. It's a room for crying babies. There is always a crying baby at either a wedding or a funeral. I find it to be a comforting sound at a funeral, (although I'm sure the parents of the crying baby are pretty embarrassed)
I know that sounds weird, but it is such a perfect example of the whole life cycle. One is ushered out, as another new life is ushered in, if that makes any sense to you. I wish i had a better command of the English language to pick the perfect words to describe how i feel about things. For now, i will just have to try and make you understand with the basics. So October is just about over, and lets hope the last couple of days are quiet.
On a side note, i got to talk to my son in NM today. I always enjoy talking with him. We are both really busy when we talk and we completely get it, so neither one of us is offended when we have to keep saying,"hold on a minute". I love you Mikey, do you notice i don't say "Hi Mikey"when you call anymore? You pointed that out to me once, and it stuck with me.
Well, that's all i got for tonight.
Good night to all, and to all a good night, or something like that

1 comment:

carrie said...

i really enjoy reading your blogs. mike writes a lot like you and i have always admired the way he writes. we got a letter from fred the other day and it was so nice. it put a smile on my face. he writes well too. love to all! oh and i will for sure send you some pictures!

Murrieta Skies 10/24/07

Murrieta Skies 10/24/07
We still had blue skies

The skies one day later

The skies one day later
What a differance a day makes!