Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Think I'm Turning Fifty?

Numbers are an interesting entity. Sometimes numbers mean good things, like when your 7 almost 8, even though you may have just had your birthday last month! Or when you turning 18, the magical number of all youth who feel once they hit the number 18 "wallah", their life will now be filled with everything they had ever hoped for, until they check out the cost to rent their own place along with all the expenses that comes with. At 24 I think you actually begin to "get it". You now are filled with all the knowledge (not the same knowledge you had when you were 15 and knew all things), it must have taken your parents to just keep food in the house and the light switches always glowing brightly. At 24 you long to be 7 almost 8 with not a care in the world. No bills of your own, no worries of car problems, or how your going to find another roommate! Then you hit 30! That is cautious number to stumble upon. You know that your 20's are over and your now an official adult! No more excuses can be had. You hope life is smooth sailing from here on out. Kids, spouse, (hopefully) and all the things family life has to offer. 40's fly on by and you look around and someone is attaching the number 50 to YOU. That just can't be? Numbers have never been a real concern of mine, I usually have to count back from the year I was born just to figure out how
old I am. So I can't really say how I will feel about turning this number named 50, I will have to get back to you when the impending day arrives.

No comments:

Murrieta Skies 10/24/07

Murrieta Skies 10/24/07
We still had blue skies

The skies one day later

The skies one day later
What a differance a day makes!